Death



"Mirror reflection examination of my mind, body and soul"



Death is a strange thing, how I wish I could understand it. Why is it that life can deteriorate and disappear, within a blink of the eye? It brings such sorrow and sadness, whether it's the death of a dear friend or a parent. Death, beyond everything else, is death.
Death in itself is inevitable, predictable even. The affects on me however, are strange. The death of a parent can be so painful, so depressing, lurking within your soul, only to be painfully brought to the surface, clouding all other thoughts, dragging you down with it. The death of a friend is different, it's strange. A friend is someone who you share a connection with, your souls or waves sync perfectly, like sounds harmonising into a beautiful melody, when you feel like you and another are on the same page. I made a friend, with an old lady who I met only rarely. She was just, on paper, an ordinary old lady. But this was different.

When I met her, as infrequently as I did, I felt a bond, a connection with her. It was as if I had met someone who connected with my soul, in a strange and unexpected way. When I close my mind I can still see the twinkle in her eye as she looked at me. A playful spirit inside her ageing body. I feel blessed to have shared, whatever it was, with her. She died almost a year ago, during the snowy winter of London. I was scared to attend her funeral, scared mainly of how easily it seems that the sorrow of death can force itself into my mind. The heavy snow did well in shielding me from this, by trapping the car, forcing me not to attend.

But today, as I lay in bed, about to sleep, a deep sorrow overcame me, a single but powerful realisation occurred to me: Oh, how I miss her.

1 comments:

Shakti_Shetty said...

Poignant. (Its difficult to comment on a post like these... there is hardly any reality there as stringent as death!)

Post a Comment

Be kind with your criticisms.