Burn the Path!

"Gentle musings"



My life is at a cross-roads, if I close my eyes, I can see myself in the future, living the life that I want. But will I ever reach there? What if I make a decision that destroys the path I wish to take, and should I be worried? Or perhaps there are many paths that reach the same destination, it's just what you pass that changes, like sign-posts on a road and passing scenery. Maybe one path will lead you through the heavy snow, and another will find you toiling the hot dessert heat, but ultimately, the oasis you reach is one and the same. The only thing that changes is YOU. 
Perhaps that the choices you make in life only affect the path you take, but your destiny remains written. 
Maybe it doesn't matter how you do it, just as long as you get there in the end. Whatever path you take will just make you stronger in it's own way, maybe you're battling through a wall of cactuses or ploughing through three-foot snow, or swimming through a stormy river, maybe no matter which route we take, we will ultimately be striving towards the same light, reaching for the same goal. It's possible that we might fall on the way, but as long as we keep striving, we will always have hope and a purpose in life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one said life was gonna be perfect. I certainly haven't taken the perfect route but it's one that has made me taken Engineering instead of Maths so guess it must've happened for a reason. My path ahead still looks like I'll have to take some detours - well, nothing says it has to, just got a feeling - but it'll turn out okay. Don't worry so much and just do the best you can atm.

To said...

I think you should put your thoughts into poetry. They have a poetic feel to them. (And I just really like reading poems).

Completely irrelevant but: Where did you get your theme from? It is awesome!

Post a Comment

Be kind with your criticisms.